Your personal data is processed in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) and with the applicable national laws on data protection.
Data controller ensure that the personnel authorised to process personal data has committed itself to confidentiality.
When do we collect information about you?
In general, we collect your information as is explained in the following:
- when you give it to us directly: you write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the contact form on the website (First name, last name, e-mail address)
- when you give it to us indirectly: working with us (First name, last name, e-mail address, social media accounts, Login infomations)
- when you attend our events: webinar, workshop, seminar, conference (First name, last name, e-mail address, organization, job title, department)
- when you use our website, through cookies: (IP address, cookies information)
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, to make websites work (or work more efficiently), as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Our cookies have different functions. They are either necessary for the functioning of our services, help us improve our performance and give you extra functionalities.
We use two types of cookies:
- Essential – cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to use the website’s different functionalities and save your preferences about cookies.
- Performance – cookies which measure how often you visit our website and how you use it. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our content. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users (we use Google Analytics to analyze the traffic of our website).
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies.
Third party cookies
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube. To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over. They can be changed autonomously by the third party services that apply them. But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
How do we use your data?
As a general rule, your personal data will not be used for any other purpose than those for which they were provided to us. The main purpose of processing the data is the implementation of the EEA and Norway Grants (the Grants).
We will not sell your personal data, rent them out, share them or otherwise make them commercially available to third parties.
Your personal data are only shared or transferred to third parties if such sharing or transfer is authorized by you or required to achieve the purposes for which you have provided them to us. It means that we may share your personal data with service providers or other third parties, who help assist us in fulfilling our purposes.
You are not obliged to release your personal data, but you do understand that the granting of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse the processing.
How long will we use your data?
As a general rule, the collected data are kept and processed by us a period that is necessary as a function of the purposes of the processing. At the latest by the end of the project and the mandatory maintenance period of the project website.
Security and safety
We use reasonable precautions to protect your personal data and to store it securely. Our website has a secure SSL certificate, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between the web browser and the web server.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
You must always observe the security rules, including by preventing any unauthorised access to your login and password. You are thus solely responsible for the use that is made as of the website from your computer, IP address and from your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Your rights related to your personal data
- You can request any information we hold on you in writing.
- You have the right to ask us to stop using or to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- You can withdraw your consent to us processing your data at any time (where such processing is based on consent)
- If you believe our records are inaccurate you have the right to ask for records concerning you to be updated. To update your records please get in touch with us using the details above.
- You have a right to erasure (“to be forgotten” i.e. to have your personal data deleted from our database).
If you have any concerns about the way your data is being used, please contact us via: email@example.com